Wednesday, June 10, 2009

TOTD, June 11

No Ear Has Perceived, No Eye Has Seen

Child: Mommy, can you read me a story?
Mommy: Sure my dear, but not now.
Child: Mommy, did you know that I got an "A" in my test?
Mommy: What did you say? Sorry I am not listening.
Child: Mommy, Is God male or female?
Mommy: Sorry honey, I am tired. Mommy wants to go to bed.
Child: (whispers) ... I wish I have a mommy.
(Child's Wish, A by: Willy M. Samson, SJ)


An interesting story that happens frequently in our life. The child will surely be disappointed because his beloved mother doesn’t have enough time for him. And now the problem is more complex, because some Mommies are also very attached to their internet networking sites and handphones which steal more time from their lovely children. Our parents can disappoint us, as a mother/father we can also disappoint our kids. But, Our Abba Father, Our God, will never disappoint us (if only we know that whatever happens is actually the best in His Plans for us). Since ancient time until future time, He is faithful. No one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides Him who acts on behalf of those who wait on Him. Put your trust in Him. (-fon-)

Since ancient times no one has heard,
no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides you,
who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.
--- Isaiah 64:4

No comments: