Saturday, June 6, 2009

TOTD, June 07

Say a Prayer

I was taking my usual morning walk when a garbage truck pulled up beside me. I thought the driver was going to ask for directions. Instead, he showed me a picture of a cute little five-year-old boy.
"This is my grandson, Jeremiah," he said. "He's on a life-support system at a Phoenix hospital."
Thinking he would next ask for a contribution to his hospital bills, I reached for my wallet. But he wanted something more than money.
He said, "I'm asking everybody I can to say a prayer for him. Would you say one for him, please?"
I did. And my problems didn't seem like much that day. (Lee Ryan Miller/ Say a Prayer)


We could never have imagined the power of prayer. And if someone asks us to pray like what Lee Ryan Miller encountered that day, I’m sure he’ll be more than happy to do it. I believe that prayer will have a double effect, firstly is for the person that we’ve been praying of, and secondly, for ourselves as we’ll grow in maturity of faith as we pray. And hopefully, problems didn’t seem much that day, that week, that month, that year... Because we believe that prayer has the power to change anything! (-fon-)

Hear my prayer, O God;
listen to the words of my mouth.
--- Psalm 54:2

No comments: