Monday, April 28, 2008

TOTD, April 29

Growing in Him

As a new mom for my 13.5 months toddler, I feel an excitement as I watch how my baby grows each day. How she learns new things in each day of her life brings more pleasure and joy to me as a mother.
Taking care a baby is really tiring indeed but I can feel the contentment in it.
It’s amazing!

Then, I’m thinking of my relationship with God. Hey, we’re all God’s children, aren’t we?
And I know that He longs to see us growing each day in Him. And like what’s being written in Colossians: we need to live and please Him in every way. And that includes growing in the knowledge of God, bearing fruit in every good work, and of course a never ending grateful attitude in Him.

Today, I want to see more excitements in my life because I know that I’m learning something new and something good to make our Father proud. He’s keen to see our progress in each stage of our life. How about you? Let’s grow in Him!(-fon-)

And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
--- Colossians 1:10-12

No comments: