Monday, April 21, 2008

TOTD, April 22

Being Content

When I read the newspaper which said that there would be a mass starvation due to the increasing food prices all over the world, I was then wondered.
Was the condition so serious? Unfortunately, it was and it still is. In many parts of this world, people will get hungrier and some will die due to starvation.

Then it made me reflect. How about me? Am I so easily complaining about the food, how awful the taste of the food that I’m eating today? Is it a proper thing to do while lots of people can’t even have enough food to eat for this day?

How about other things in life? Am I complaining easily as well? Today’s verse is perfect for us who complains easily. God asks us to be content in all condition. As we need to learn the secret of it. We need to be content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. (Philippians 4:12)

Being content is the secret of being happy. Being content is the secret of living a joyful life in Him.
Just try our best to do it. Try to be content. (-fon-)

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
--- Philippians 4:12

No comments: