Saturday, April 19, 2008

TOTD, April 20

Slow To Anger

What is the typical of modern people?
They want to have everything instantly, as quick as they can get. It’s not an unusual thing, since we are getting used to the instant noodle, instant coffee, or even instant hair cut. Everyone is competing against time. The fastest will win. And I can tell that most of us are quick to anger and slow to forgive. I sometimes do that too… It’s so very human, isn’t it?

But today’s word of God reminds us how great our Lord is. The Lord-the compassionate and gracious God- is slow to anger and abounding in love and faithfulness.

Well, it made me realize that I need to make a difference. I don’t have to be the same with the trend in this world. I need to imitate God’s character especially when it comes to manage the anger itself.
Of course it’s not easy. It will be so easy to blow up and dump our emotion to the people surround us. But hey, if we can make a difference in order to become His good disciples, why don’t we do it?

Let’s try it today. We make a promise to ourselves, “God, I’ll be slow to anger today. Teach me to be more patient. Amen.” (-fon-)

And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness,
---Exodus 34:6

No comments: