Friday, April 11, 2008

TOTD, April 12

Shout To The Lord

Today, as usual I watched The American Idol, and to my surprise, the contestants sang Shout to the Lord, a famous song, that I’m sure all of us are familiar with.
Actually, this isn’t a new song for me, in fact I heard it and also sang it together with my prayer group quite a number of time.

But as the song was sung once more by all the remaining contestants, my heart was trembling, and I also sang that beautiful song together with them. (Of course being watched by my daughter :)).

The verses are:
Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing
Power and Majesty, praise to the King;
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name.
I sing for joy at the work of your hands,
Forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You.


Yes, God! Forever I’ll love You and forever I’ll stand. And nothing compares to the promise I have in You. He has promised to bless us.
And here’s my wish for you:
May the LORD, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised!
---Deuteronomy 1:11
(-fon-)

No comments: