Friday, April 18, 2008

TOTD, April 19

Hold Our Tongue

When I was younger, I talked sharply. Especially when I was a teenager, I didn’t realize that I was very sharp-tongued and very stubborn.

But then, after I grow more mature and after I know God more, there’s a sudden change. I watch my words. I pick them more carefully. Because I know, sometimes the words from our tongue are even sharper than a knife. And if they hurt the people around us, they’ll be left in bitterness.

Of course, I’m not perfect. Many times I’ve said something wrong until now . But, as soon as I realized that I made mistake, I apologize and I try to speak in better tone and better words next time.
Today, let’s watch our words. Let’s talk in God’s loving atmosphere. We need to remember as the Proverbs tells us, he who holds his tongue is wise. (-fon-)

When words are many, sin is not absent,
but he who holds his tongue is wise.
--- Proverbs 10:19

No comments: