Friday, May 23, 2008

TOTD, May 24

Live At Peace With Everyone

When I was small, I watched some kung fu movies. Those movies showed how to deal with their parent’s or teacher’s death. As usual, the kung fu master will definitely think of revenge. An eye for an eye.

But when I read the books of Romans today, I realize that our God has completely a different way in handling unfairness in this life. He forbids us to revenge. But we need to leave the room for Him because it’s His right to avenge and He will repay. On the contrary He asks us to feed our enemy when he’s hungry. To give him drink when he’s thirsty. Sounds impossible in real life, doesn’t it?

That’s what we should do in order to live at peace with everyone. If we keep thinking of revenge, we won’t be able to live a peaceful life and actually we’re the one who suffer. And by doing this, I do hope that all of us will have a more peaceful life. Peace within ourselves and peace with the people surround us. (-fon-)

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."
--- Romans 12:18-20

No comments: