Monday, May 5, 2008

TOTD, May 06

Present Your Requests to God

In our prayers to God, this conversation might occur…
You : God, the prices of food, housing, and every other things are getting higher each day. What should I do?
God : Don’t be anxious, because I’m Your God who can fulfill all of your needs.
You : But God, it’s almost impossible not to worry since everything is so expensive while my salary is still the same. And I have so many things to take care of: my spouse, my children, my parents, my grandparents, my brothers and sisters, my dog, my nephews and nieces, my etc.. etc…

The conversation shows that the worries are exceeding normal level. Nowadays, since the financial condition is getting tougher, people tend to worry more. That’s normal since the inflation rate is growing in each part of this world.
But God’s message is still very clear. Don’t worry about anything, but pray all of your requests to God in a thanksgiving attitude. And the peace of God which beyond understanding will be there in our hearts and minds (Philippians 4: 6-7).
We need to stay focus to God-present our requests to Him- while at the same time: give our best through our hard work in this life. And let God do the rest. (-fon-)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
---Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: