Wednesday, May 14, 2008

TOTD, May 15

Marvelous are Your Works

When you look at the mirror, you see your reflection. And there are some parts of that reflection which you don’t like. Maybe you don’t like the shape of your mouth, eyes, eye brows, nose, or lips. Or maybe you don’t like the shape of your face, your legs, or even your arms, your height, your weight, just name it.
Well, you got so many things to complain for since those parts of your body don’t meet your expectation.

But let me tell you something which was written in Psalm 139:13-14:
God has already formed each part of our body perfectly. He formed our inward parts; He covered us in our mother’s womb.
And that’s why we need to praise Him for we are fearfully and wonderfully made.
“ Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.”

Yes, God! Today, let me look at my reflection with thanksgiving. Because I know that marvelous are Your works, and I know it very well.
Thank You, God. Thank You that I am so wonderfully made. (-fon-)

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
--- Psalm 139:13-14

No comments: