Wednesday, May 21, 2008

TOTD, May 22

There Is None Like Him

Today’s paper in Singapore showed a very touching picture of a girl who’s holding a barbie doll closely to her heart in one arm. The title of the article: Young Ballerina’s Dashed Dreams.
This is the story:
Li Yue, 12, was a girl who loved to dance. She started ballet lessons six months ago and took to it like a natural. She had talent, trained hard, and looked like she had the makings of a ballerina, a teacher said. Then the Sichuan earthquake struck on May 12 and changed everything. She was trapped under rubble when her school building collapsed in Beichuan county. Li Yue survived, but rescuers who found her on May 14 could not free her. The next day they amputated her left leg. Li Yue’s divorce mum works in Xinjiang and her father works in the Middle East. She and her older sister live with their grandfather.
( The Straits Times, May 21, 2008).

I cried inside when I read her story. So young, so promising, and yet so unlucky. But who can say which part of this life is lucky or not? As God’s children we believe that everything happens for a reason. The good thing she survives. And I believe that God has a wonderful plan for her which maybe she can’t see at the moment while her dream was scattered.

Just like Li Yue, we have dreams. And sometimes our dreams were dashed as well. They were scattered when reality come to wake us up with such an unpleasant surprise. But we need to hold on to our faith. We need to believe that God will give nothing but the best for us in His plan. We need to believe in Him because there’s none like Him.
Keep the faith.
(-fon-)

"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
--- Isaiah 43:10

No comments: