Wednesday, May 7, 2008

TOTD, May 08

Be Joyful Always
As I was and am still experiencing some major changes in my life for the past one and a half year, I sometimes become a true worrier. No, not warrior, but worrier. I got worried when it comes to adaptation living in a new country, I got worried when it’s my first experience in having a baby, etc.. etc…

In this life, we have so many reasons to become worry. But 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 shows us how to be joyful always. It says that we need to pray continually and don’t forget to give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for us in Christ Jesus.

Today, again… I start to see from a different perspective. I start to see things in a thankful perspective. That’s when I know that I need to be joyful in the Lord always.

No matter where I am, no matter what I do, no matter how tough the present condition that I’m facing at this moment, I want to rejoice. Of course it can happen by increasing the quality of my communication with Him through prayers and keeping myself to stay in a positive attitude. Not easy to do that, but we need to make a difference as God’s disciples, don’t we? So, be joyful always. (-fon-)

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
--- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: