Wednesday, March 26, 2008

TOTD, Mar 27

Nothing Will Separate Us (With The Lord)

TAKE FROM ME, gracious God, all that separates me from you — my sense of past sin, my pride in present achievements, my anxieties for the future. Make me self-forgetful as I gaze on you, and let me know the joy of finding my true self in you. Amen.- Helen Julian CSF The Road to Emmaus: Companions for the Journey through Lent

When I read the quotation above, I realized that it’s really me. I’ve got those things with me: sense of past sin, pride in present achievements (as well as stressful condition when I don’t achieve well), and anxieties for the future.
It’s very natural as a human, isn’t it?
But Helen Julian gave a very good suggestion for us to do: we need to pray to our God to be self-forgetful as we gaze on Him and then finally we’ll be rejoicing in finding our true selves in Him. That’s when we’ll focus and concentrate on Him. And that’s when we realize that nothing, I repeat: NOTHING, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
With such a sweet unity with Him, I’m sure that we’ll find ourselves in Him. (-fon-)

neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord
--- Romans 8:39

No comments: