Wednesday, March 19, 2008

TOTD, Mar 20-21

The Fruit of the Spirit

When I read what is written in the Galatians 5:22-23, suddenly these questions pop up on my mind.
Have I filled with the fruit of the spirit yet? Have those qualities been reflected in my daily life?
I have to admit, sometimes I fail to do that. Sometimes the word patience, gentleness, or even self-control are really far from me.
But, by knowing that's the aim that I should reach, I pray to God, so that He fills me with the Holy Spirit and of course the fruit of the Spirit.
Today, I'm learning to be a better person in Him. Not with my perfection, because I'm not perfect. But by surrendering my weaknesses and believe that He will guide me in each day of my life with the minister of the Holy Spirit.
Today, I'd like to ask more love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control to be poured into my life. May God bless us with the fruit of the Spirit. Let's be a better person in Him. (-fon-)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
--- Galatians 5:22-23


The Lord Reigns

In this life, people might worship something. Lots of people right now worshiping money. I'm aware that without money life will be difficult. But if we're focusing too much on money and make it the king of kings, beware of what will happen next. It may lead to lots of disputes or disagreements.
Money is not everything.
Or lots of people right now worshiping fame. Lots of people want to become famous. They thought that being famous will be what they've ever wanted or dreamed of all their life.
How about us? Do we worship anything from this world?
Trust me, they're not long-lasting. The fame someday will fade away. Once a young and pretty actress will become old one day due to aging. Or I see some family feud because of money.
Tell me about worshiping other things and I'm sure they will not lead to something good.

We need to worship God and only God Himself. Our God reigns. Not only today, but always and forever.
He reigns in our life. He is the king of kings, and Lord of Lords. Nothing else. Just concentrate on Him. I know it's not easy, but it's really worth to try, because He's the one and only Lord that reigns forever. (-fon-)

The LORD reigns forever,
your God, O Zion, for all generations.
Praise the LORD.
---Psalm 146:10

No comments: