Sunday, March 9, 2008

TOTD, Mar 10

Take All, God!

Today at the church, I heard the choir sang a very beautiful song which was originated from St. Ignatius Loyola Prayer. This is the prayer:
Lord Jesus Christ, Take all my freedom. My memory, my understanding and my will. All that I have and cherish You have given me. I surrender it all to be guided by your will. Your grace and your love are wealth enough for me. Give me these, Lord Jesus, and I ask for nothing more.

I read the prayer and began to realize that I'm still really far from that. And I need to pray the surrendering prayer of St. Ignatius over and over again.
It's so hard to say : take all my freedom. Take all my memory, my understanding and my will.
But, if we want to be in a full surrender to Him, we need to pray this prayer continuously.
We need to say, " Take all, God! I want to offer these things to you. As well as I want to offer my life to you."
Because we know, all that we have is nothing. All that we have comes from Him. We have nothing. And without the Lord, our life would be meaningless.

Today, I want to share to you all this beautiful prayer of St. Ignatius. And I do hope, we could pray it always. Let His will be done, on earth as it is in heaven! (-fon-)

" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
--- Matthew 6:9-10

No comments: