Thursday, March 13, 2008

TOTD, Mar 14

Prayer

Today when I surfed the Internet, I found an interesting thing to share to you from the upper room website. Here it is:

PRAYER DOES NOT COME EASILY for me. I affirm that prayer is mystery. But I cannot stop praying. Every time I try, I feel as if my soul is suffocating. I struggle with prayer, but it is a struggle for life. I am convinced that, outside of salvation itself, prayer is God's greatest gift to us.
- Steve Harper
Talking in the Dark: Praying When Life Doesn't Make Sense


Well, what Steve Harper said was true. While sometimes we want to pray so badly and at the same time we feel that prayer is not an easy thing. We struggle with prayer (and he described it as if the soul is suffocating). But I'm sure, every prayer that is prayed wholeheartedly, will be listened by God.
Our God will hear every words that we're saying. Of course He will, because like what Bo Sanchez said, God is our biggest fan, He even writes our name in the palm of His hands.
So, be thankful for the greatest gift that He has already given us besides salvation, the prayer itself, where we can communicate with Him. (-fon-)

but God has surely listened
and heard my voice in prayer.
--- Psalm 66:19

No comments: