Friday, January 25, 2008

TOTD, Jan 26-27

New Creation

You past might have been a bad one. You've done so many sinful things, you might be grieving over stupid mistakes that you've made.
But here's the good news: all of your past is over. And by the time you received Christ as your Savior, you were reborn in Him.
And right now, you're a new creation in Him. The old has gone, the new has come.
And the new life you're living right now will never be the same again with Christ by your side. (-fon-)

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
---2 Corinthians 5:17


Self-Centered

I met some people, they're just so self-centered. They seldom ask about other's condition and the main topic of their conversation are only themselves. They talked about them all over again and put so little interest in other people's problem.

When I talked to these kind of persons, I myself had this question inside of me.
Am I that self-centered as well? Do I really think my problem is the biggest problem on earth and I am the poorest person in this world?
Can I still see God's blessings within the area of my life that I should be thankful for?
Sometimes we tend to be self-centered without even realizing it.

But as God's disciples, we need to be more focused on others. Don't be too selfish or self-centered, because we're not the center of the universe. Our God is!

By focusing more on God, we'll be less selfish. And when we become less self-centered, we could see and try to understand other people's problem with a new perspective.
So, focus on Him more! (-fon-)

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
---Philippians 2:3

No comments: