Tuesday, January 1, 2008

TOTD, Jan 01

Dear all,
As I promised, here's my own TOTD. Of course, since it's the 1st edition, there would be some flaws, but let God, the perfect God, be the one who makes it perfect.
I'll choose English, still. Hopefully, it can be a blessing for everyone who reads it.

Have a blessed year ahead!

Take care,
-fon-

Forgiveness

When I was small, I remembered that sometimes I had a quarrel with my youngest brother, and then we easily made up and be friends again. We kept quarreling though, but at the same time we kept forgiving each other and becoming friends again.

As in our daily life, the more mature we are, the more difficult for us to forgive others. Whatever the reasons: pride, jealousy, envy, or anything, we could hold our hatred and grudge towards others for quite some time. It may take weeks, months or years to forgive others.

But, as God's disciples, we need to be like small children in their way of forgiveness, easy to forgive and move on. Well, you might say that it's easier said than done, but trust me, it's possible to do so as long as we try our best.

New year means a brand new start. Why don't we start with forgiveness? (-fon-)

6:14"For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
6:15"But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
--- Matthew 6: 14-15

No comments: