Wednesday, January 9, 2008

TOTD, Jan 10

Healing Our Wounds

Have you ever experiencing a broken heart, the day when your loved one left you with one or many reasons, but the fact is: both of you can't be together anymore?
Or how about this? Have you ever lost your loved one because God has called them back to heaven and you will never have the chance to see him again in this life?

I myself have had the experience. My father passed away around 15 years ago. Back then, I haven't met Jesus as my personal savior and I didn't have any knowledge that death is supposed to be a sweet reunion with Him.
I cried and hurt.

Lots of things happen in this life which were completely different with our expectation.
That's when we have some bruises and wounds inside of us.
One thing is for sure, don't ever find the cure from this world, because it will never satisfy us. Put our hope in times of hurt in Him, and be sure He'll be the best healer of our wounds.
(-fon-)

Moreover the light of the moon will be as the light of the sun,
And the light of the sun will be sevenfold,
As the light of seven days,
In the day that the LORD binds up the bruise of His people
And heals the stroke of their wound.
--- Isaiah 30:26

No comments: