Thursday, January 10, 2008

TOTD, Jan 11-13

He Is Able

When I looked back, I've never thought that I would spend this year living in Singapore.
I always thought that I would spend the rest of my life in Indonesia.
But that was my thought, a full of limitation thought.

God has worked tremendously, far above what we could ever think of. Far above what we could ever ask for.

Don't limit God's mighty power, because no limit in it.
The only thing that might hold us back is our mind. We thought God is as small as our thought.
Trust me, we're wrong! God has proved Himself so graceful and yet so powerful over and over again.
He is able! No doubt about it... (-fon-)

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.
--- Ephesians 3:20


When God Seems Distant

God is real, no matter how you feel.
It is easy to worship God when things are going great in your life --- when he has provided food, friends, family, health, and happy situations. But circumstances are not always pleasant. How do you worship God then? What do you do when God seems a million miles away?
The deepest level of worship is praising God in spite of pain, thanking God during a trial, trusting him when tempted, surrendering while suffering, and loving him when he seems distant.
( Taken from The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren chapter 14- When God seems Distant).

I've just been through those unpleasant moments in my life. Previously, when I was just baptized around 7 years ago, everything was so sweet. The prayers, the thanksgiving that I offered, the praise and worship, the mass, the church, everything was perfect.
And then everything started to change. From sweet moment, it became 'lack of flavor' when it comes to my relationship with God.
But those 'lacking-of-sweet-feeling-time' has made me come to a higher level of relationship with Him. Right now, after the struggling and by the grace of our Father, I can smile and be content with what I've got. I know, He's there despite all the bad things, problems and trials that I'm experiencing. His love is stable and constant. But our feeling is always fluctuating and we need some time to realize His Faithfulness, especially in times when we're so depressed and frustrated.

Then, I made up my mind. Good times and bad times, I will praise Him. With all my strength, with all my soul. Because He is faithful. He's not that far... We thought He's distant, but He holds us close to His heart.
Let's praise Him in every moments of our life, happy or sad, in joy or in sorrow.
(-fon-)

...Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.
--- Hebrews 13:5


Heaven on Earth

When husband and wife keep quarreling and fighting in each day of their life, they might think that they're experiencing 'hell' in this world.
The dream of a picture perfect marriage was scattered, the moment each party thought they're more important than the other. That's also the time when the ego and selfishness appear more strongly. They were united in a wedding vow, but then they easily forgot it and take it too lightly.

Or you may have another experience, whenever you go home, you feel uneasy and insecure, due to the situation in your family. Maybe too many conflicts or too many problems (one problem leads to another) that can not be solved and they become painful moments in your daily life. Then you might think, is there heaven on earth? Why you keep experiencing the 'hell' in this world?

Well, heaven or hell is actually our decision.
You may let your selfishness influenced you so much while at the same time you can choose to face all problems with love. Not our love, not the love from this world, but with Heavenly Love, the Love from God.

So, we could make our family, our working environment, our church, our school, or even this world: a better place. We can create heaven on earth. It's not an exaggeration! As long as we do it with God's love, as long as we do it with His guidance and help.
It's not too late, wherever you are, let's create heaven on earth today! (-fon-)

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
--- John 13:34

No comments: