Thursday, January 17, 2008

TOTD, Jan 19-20

God's Help

I went to see my baby's pediatrician yesterday. Just wanted to review her weight. I went there by myself together with my baby. As her milk-feeding time came, I fed her at the hospital's couch. Once I turned around to put the bottle on the table, Audrey was sliding down from the couch, almost fell down. With my reflex, I tried to protect her from falling down. All I could do was just holding her head with both of my hands and put her down safely on the carpet floor in the hospital.
She was safe. I was relieved.

Then I realized, how many times God has helped us to avoid us from free falling? Well, we might have fallen, but God's hands are always long enough to help us so that we're not severely injured when we fall.
I might fail to catch my baby due to my human limitation, but God has never failed to catch us. Simply just because He is God!
Now, we can be rest assured, since His Help would always be there for us. Now and forever. Amen. (-fon-)

But I have had God's help to this very day, and so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen—
--- Acts 26:22


Begin With God

When you just experienced a failing experience, or your life's trend is going downward, you might feel that you don't have any direction. You don't know where to go or what to do.
Then, there's time when you're questioning: " What on earth am I here for?"

Rick Warren on The Purpose Driven Life has shown me that the purpose of our life is far greater than our own personal fulfillment, our peace of mind, or even our happiness. It's far greater than our family, our career, or even our wildest dreams and ambitions.
And then he wrote: " If you want to know why you were placed on this planet, you must begin with God. You were born by his purpose and for his purpose."

Rather than concentrating our life with our dreams and thoughts, we need to find the very basic, back to the very start, and let us begin with God. Because only in Him and with Him, we won't be lost. Only with Him, we will live our life to the fullest because He knows exactly what on earth we are here for. To fulfill His Purpose in our life.
So today, let's begin with God. Let's seek His Presence more and ask Him to guide us in this life so we could follow His wonderful purpose in our life. (-fon-)

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."
--- Jeremiah 17:7-8

No comments: