Thursday, January 24, 2008

TOTD, Jan 25

Dear friends,
Actually I seldom write about death. This topic is a bit scary for most of us. I sometimes find it hard to face it too.
But since it's unavoidable and it will eventually come to everyone of us, so I decided to write it anyway.

GBU,
-fon-

Life Is Just Temporary

Handsome, famous, rich, and young. What else could he got? But the news of the sudden death of Brokeback Mountain's actor, Heath Ledger at the age of 28, came as a big not to mention a huge surprise.

Dying young would be considered a tragedy to most people on this planet. But, who can escape from the death itself? One day, we'll eventually face it.
I'm just being reminded that life is so short. Life is just a temporary assignment while we're heading to the real destination: eternity.

According to Rick Warren, " The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever."
If we look at the bigger picture, we'll understand that life is just a short period of time. A time of preparation to a sweet reunion with our Father in heaven.
Rick also said that when life gets tough, when you're overwhelmed with doubt, or when you wonder if living for Christ is worth the effort, remember that you are not home yet. At death you won't leave home --- you'll go home.

So, don't be bothered or overwhelmed by the problems or unanswered prayers, because we know where we're going to. This earth is not our final home; we were created for something much better. God has already prepared it for us. Thank God. (-fon-)

Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered—
how fleeting my life is.
--- Psalm 39:4

No comments: