Wednesday, May 16, 2007

TOTD, May 17-20

Removing Mountains

Don't be afraid of the devil or the problems he causes. Know that through the power of the Holy Spirit, which is the inner strength of God, you can face any mountain or problem and remove it from your path.

Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not double at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.
--- Mark 11:23


My own reflection on this Thought:
* Problems come unexpectedly. And in times of troubles, we realize how weak we're. Usually, problems also wipe away the pride that we have and also our over highly self confidence.
Problems make me realize that only God's strength can make me through... Problems make me stronger as long as I draw near to God and seek for His Guidance. Even the biggest problem is no problem for God... All we can do is just believe.
(-fon-)


Choose Right Thoughts

Our thoughts become our words, and our words affect our feelings and actions. Therefore, it is vitally important that we choose life-generating thoughts. When we do, right words will follow.

Now the mind of the flesh [which is sense and reason without the Holy Spirit] is death [death that comprises all the miseries arising from sin, both here and hereafter]. But the mind of the [Holy] Spirit is life and [soul] peace [both now and forever].
--- Romans 8:6


My own reflection on this Thought:
* It's all in the mind. From our mind, comes our thoughts, from thoughts come words and words affect our feeling and also affect others who listen to what we're saying. Try to have a pure mind as we maintain the pureness of our hearts. (-fon-)


God's Starting Place for Power

When we see what God has done for us through His Son Jesus Christ Who was rejected, beaten, and nailed to the cross for our sins --- and how little we can ever deserve it --- it should provoke humility, which is actually God's starting place for power.

Humble yourselves [feeling very insignificant] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up and make your life significant].
--- James 4:10


My own reflection on this Thought:
* If we're over confident and feel so proud of ourselves, that's the time when so much of me and less of God.
God only will work in time we feel small, we feel insignificant before Him. That's when more of God, less of me... Let's pray so that we could humble ourselves in His presence... (-fon-)


Let the Curtain Drop

After each event in your life, let the curtain drop at your heels as you leave that thing and go on to the next thing God has for you.

I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
--- Philippians 3:13,14


My own reflection on this Thought:
* God has planned our life according to His Will. One stage after another. One chapter after another. It's our duty to go on with His Track all the time. Forgetting what lies behind and believe in the future that He has planned for us, is the best thing to do... (-fon-)

No comments: