Thursday, May 3, 2007

TOTD, May 04

Pray for Grace

Pray daily that God will give you grace (His power and ability) to resist the devil when he tries to steal your peace. He wants to steal your peace so that he can steal your strength and make you weak and powerless.

Ask the Lord to strengthen you and to help you. Do not try to do it by yourself! You can do all things through Christ but nothing by yourself.

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].
--- Philippians 4:13


My own reflection on this Thought:
* When Satan tries to steal our peace, he usually attacks our mind. Because through our mind, it's really easy to penetrate our thought by saying we're not worthy or reminding us our sins in the past... That's what he usually does.
What we can do is just praying to God so that we have enough strength to go on. And to the devil, we could say, " Go away! God Himself has already accepted and forgiven me, why should you bother me...?"
Ask God's help and together with Him, I'm sure we can handle it... (-fon-)

No comments: