Tuesday, May 8, 2007

TOTD, May 08

Avoiding Mixing Positives and Negatives

One day I was teasing my older son who had arrived at our house to discuss some business with me just as we were sitting down to dinner. I talked with him a while and then was lovingly and teasingly (but also very seriously) trying to get him to go so the rest of us could eat. I did not want to discuss business any more, and he did, so finally, in jest, I pointed to the door and said," Out, in the Name of Jesus!"
Immediately heart-rending conviction fell upon me.

According to Mark 16:17, we have been given authority to cast out demons in the Name of Jesus. There are many times when I minister to people expecting demons to be cast out if there are any oppressing the individual to whom I am ministering. But how can I expect to see power manifested in that Name if I am going to use it seriously one time and frivolously another?

Remember, mixing positives and negatives will leave you with zero power.

You shall not use or repeat the name of the Lord your God in vain [that is, lightly or frivolously, in false affirmations or profanely]; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
--- Exodus 20:7


My own reflection on this Thought:
* The name of Jesus is powerful. It's the rock, the fortress, the strong tower of our faith. So, never ever use His Name irresponsibly. His Name could help us a lot, especially in times of troubles when we're hopeless. In times we couldn't even speak not to mention to pick beautiful words in prayers. Call His Name... (-fon-)

No comments: