Wednesday, February 6, 2013

TODAY, February 07 – For You Are With Me


For You Are With Me

While writing this TODAY, I’m also listening to 2NE1 (a girl’s group from Korea). Their song is called: Lonely.
I don’t quite understand the words though, since it’s in Korean language.
But when it comes to the refrain, they keep repeating:
Baby, I’m so lonely lonely lonely
Baby, I’m so lonely
Lonely lonely lonely lonely

Suddenly, I remembered that there’s a famous quote that goes like this:
Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
(Mother Teresa).

I have to say that it’s really common that once in a while, we’ll experience the loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted. What we should do as Christ’s believers is: we should remember that no matter how bad the situation might be, no matter how dark the condition at this moment…
GOD is with us…

Thank You, Lord…
For You’re with me…
Now and forever… (-fon-)

Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
--- Psalm 23:4

Sebab Engkau Besertaku

Ketika menuliskan TODAY pagi ini, saya juga tengah mendengarkan 2NE1 (sebuah kelompok penyanyi wanita dari Korea). Lagu mereka berjudul: Lonely.
Saya tidak mengerti keseluruhan kata-kata di lagu tersebut karena mereka menyanyikannya dalam Bahasa Korea. Tetapi, ketika memasuki bagian reff, mereka terus mengulangi:
Baby, I’m so lonely lonely lonely
Baby, I’m so lonely
Lonely lonely lonely lonely

Tiba-tiba saya teringat kata-kata bijak yang berbunyi sebagai berikut:
Kesepian dan perasaan tidak diinginkan adalah kemiskinan yang paling buruk.
(Bunda Teresa)

Boleh dikatakan adalah amat umum jika sesekali kita merasakan perasaan kesepian dan perasaan tidak diinginkan. Apa yang hendaknya kita terus perjuangkan sebagai pengikut Kristus adalah: semoga kita terus ingat bahwa tak peduli betapa buruknya keadaan saat ini, tak peduli seberapa gelapnya kondisi saat ini…
TUHAN selalu beserta kita…

Terima kasih, Tuhan…
Sebab Engkau besertaku…
Sekarang sampai selama-lamanya…(-fon-)

Sekalipun aku berjalan dalam lembah kekelaman, aku tidak takut bahaya,  sebab Engkau besertaku ;  gada-Mu dan tongkat-Mu, itulah yang menghibur aku.
--- Mazmur 23:4

No comments: