Wednesday, October 19, 2011

TOTD, October 20 – God Make a Fresh Start in Me

God, Make a Fresh Start in Me

Today, let it be a brand new start for me

To stay loving, hoping, and keep on praying

For I believe in You, God

You will turn the mourning into dancing

The sorrow into joy

I know that whatever happens,

You will never leave me

Only by trusting You, while doing my very best

Let this day and the days onwards

Be the blessed days in You always…(-fon-)

Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean,
scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don't look too close for blemishes,
give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don't throw me out with the trash,
or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
put a fresh wind in my sails!

(Part of Psalm 51:7-15, The Message)

No comments: