Sunday, October 9, 2011

TOTD, October 08-10: No Worries, Stay Thankful

Do not be Anxious about Anything

There are anxious thoughts inside our mind every now and then. Well, it’s actually normal and understandable. But in faith, we need to believe that God knows our heart and He also knows the best for us. And the verse from Philippians 4 said that don’t be anxious about anything. In prayer-with thanksgiving-present our requests to the Lord. He knows what we need, not merely what we want. And He will provide according to His Plans for us. All we need to do is just never give up in giving our best. (-fon-)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

--- Philippians 4:6

Know My Heart, Know My Thoughts

As our God, He knows whatever we think. We need to surrender our thoughts to Him, especially the bad ones. The ones which full of anxiety and worries, only to find that many times they never come true. Negative thoughts will bring us nowhere, only drowning us deeper filled with insecure feeling and somehow, it’s contagious to the people surround us.

Know my heart, know my thoughts, Lord. Especially my anxious thoughts. Today, I will surrender them to You, My God. And lead me to Your everlasting way. I put my trust in You. (-fon-)

Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

--- Psalm 139:23-24

In Every Second of Our Life: Worrying or Thanksgiving?

A very sharp question from the book of Luke: who of us by worrying can add a single hour to our life? Nobody is able to do so. Everyday is going to be 24 hours. Whether we like it or not, whether we’re worried or thankful.

It’s back to our own decision to choose: in every second of our life, are we going to stay in anxiety or full of thanksgiving? Hopefully, we’ll be wise enough to choose to rejoice in the Lord always... (-fon-)

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?

--- Luke 12:25

No comments: