Tuesday, October 4, 2011

TOTD, October 05-For When I’m Weak, then I’m Strong

For When I’m Weak, then I’m Strong

All of these seem contrarian. How can we be strong when we’re weak? Strong is strong, weak is weak. Period.

Maybe that’s what we think. But, today’s verses from 2 Corinthians 12, remind us that God’s power is made perfect in our weaknesses. In insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties… All of them are supposed to bring us closer to God, because usually by that time we will experience: we’re nothing without Him. Our strength has its limitation. One day when we’re old, when we’re sick, when we’re helpless, we know that we’re not that strong anymore. Only God alone has the real strength and by His Strength we’ll be able to face whatever happens in our life. Not by our might, not by our strength, but by the power of the Lord. When I’m weak, I know that I’m strong in the Lord. He will come and rescue me. (-fon-)

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

--- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments: