Wednesday, December 9, 2009

TOTD, December 10

No Longer I, but Christ in Me


What would that be like? To

have a child within is a miracle, but to have Christ within?

To have my voice, but him speaking.
My steps, but Christ leading.
My heart, but his love beating
in me, through me, with me.
What's it like to have Christ on the inside?

To tap his strength when mine expires
or feel the force of heaven's fires
raging, purging wrong desires.
Could Christ become my self entire?

So much him, so little me
That in my eyes it's him they see.
What's it like to a Mary be?
No longer I, but Christ in me.

(Max Lucado, Next Door Savior).

Wonderful expression of heart from Max Lucado. If only we can understand that it’s Him who’s in control. It’s Him that so much and my self so little. Maybe, we’ll find more peaceful at heart rather than keep pursuing our wants, our ego, and our thoughts. It’s all about Him. It’s all about Jesus. Let Jesus guide us in every day of our life. Every step that we make. Everything that we do. (-fon-)


I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

--- Galatians 2:20

No comments: