Tuesday, December 8, 2009

TOTD, December 09

Nourish and Nurture

This is amazing. I think, I don’t have anything to say. Just read this testimony and you’ll see why.

I was six years old when my mother gave birth to twin sisters. My grandma came to our house and spent four months helping my mum in looking after her and the newly-born twins.
Twenty-eight years after, I can still remember her and what she did for us, since that was the first and last time I saw her. She would always be the last one to eat her meals. She would make sure we ate and were satisfied. Otherwise, she would either give us her own share or invite us to eat with her again. She always told us that adult people's stomachs were full once children had had enough food.
Whenever we asked how this was possible, she answered: ‘You are responsible for tomorrow because we are dying soon. It is through you that we will survive.' That was her way of showing her love for us and her care for what we represented for her.
'Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.' (Matthew 25:40)

By: Tekadiomona Nima SJ

(Source: Sacredspace website).

Together with the Pope and Christians through all the world, let’s make this our prayer intention as well. (-fon-)

No comments: