Wednesday, August 22, 2007

TOTD, August 22

Struggle Develops Strength

Before the caterpillar enters the cocoon, to get from one place to another he has to crawl slowly and laboriously along on the ground or on a blade or twig. But then he spins a cocoon and crawls into it for a while. When he emerges from that cocoon he has been totally changed. He has become a butterfly, one of the freest of God's creatures. He can soar through the air on beautiful wings. But to emerge from that cocoon is a struggle, one that is necessary for the butterfly's full transformation and development.

I once read about a man who saw butterfly struggling to emerge from a cocoon. Moved by misplaced compassion, the man decided to help the poor creature, so he broke open the cocoon and pulled the developing butterfly out. In just a matter of minutes the weakened creature curled up and died.

If we didn't struggle through some things, we would never develop the strength and stamina we need to survive in this world.

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace [Who imparts all blessing and favor], Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.
--- 1 Peter 5:10


My own reflection on this Thought:
* Reading this TOTD, I just told myself that I need to endure in times of troubles. When I struggle, that's when God's strength would be given to me... So, I would be patient in every single trial that I need to face. Hopefully, I can be His good disciple :)
(-fon-)

No comments: