Thursday, August 2, 2007

TOTD, August 03-05

Finish with Joy

Whatever you do, if you are obeying Scripture and doing it unto the Lord, you should not only start the course with joy but also finish it the same way.

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me --- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."
--- Acts 20:24


My own reflection on this Thought:
* The Acts 20:24 above attracts me most with its sentence which says, " I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me."
This life of ours is a race. A race of Christ's disciple because we believe in Him.
So, we should do our best in completing the race, the task that Christ has already given to us with dignity, with joy.
That thing can only happened if we do this for the Lord and build a good relationship with Him. (-fon-)


Be on Top of Things

There is a big difference between being under stress and being on top of the situation!

If you will listen diligently to the voice of the Lord your God, being watchful to do all His commandments which I command you this day, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
And the Lord shall make you the head, and not the tail; and you shall be above only, and you shall make you the head, and not the tail; and you shall be above only, and you shall not be beneath...
--- Deuteronomy 28:1,13


My own reflection on this Thought:
* Whatever the situation that we're facing, even if it's the most stressful one, God's guidance will always be there for us.
He can lead us to be on top of the situation and not dwelling in the stressful condition.
If we draw ourselves closer to Him, we'll have enough strength to go on in this life. (-fon-)


The Price of Peace

From a spiritual position, it was Jesus' Blood, which He shed on the cross for our redemption, that bought our peace.
But from a practical or natural position, the price we must pay for peace is a willingness to change our approach to life. We will never enjoy peace without a willingness to adjust and adapt ourselves.

Jesus has provided His peace --- enjoy it!

Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives go I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid...
--- John 14: 27


My own reflection on this Thought:
* Being a stranger in a country outside Indonesia, made me realize how true today's TOTD is.
Everything here looks so different and there are so many things that I haven't got used to, made me quite stressful in the first place.
There was no peace inside of me for quite some time, but then today's Word reminds me that the peace would come only if I want to adjust and adapt myself.
It also goes without saying that everyone of us has our own problems.
Our willingness to change for the better- in Him- would bring us peace.
Change now, me first. Change now with His guidance. Amen (-fon-)

No comments: