Wednesday, February 13, 2008

TOTD, Feb 14

Clean Heart

Today is Valentine's Day. A lot of people will send flowers, gifts, or chocolates to their loved ones. And many couples would spend this very day with romantic candle light dinner or what's being offered by an advertisement in Singapore paper, they could spend some time together in a spa.
Interesting thing but quite expensive though...

But then another article in the paper made me realized that the flowers, the gifts, the chocolates, the romantic dinner or spa will not guarantee if the person loves us.
Love has a deeper meaning. More than just such romantic thing.

Today's verse reminds me to have a clean heart. I ask God in my prayer today to cleanse my heart. So that with pure heart I could love my spouse, my child, my family, my friends, including people who dislike me with unconditional love.
God will be able to cleanse our heart. Today, in the occasion of love in this Valentine's Day, let's ask God to detox our heart, so that we'll have a pure and clean heart that will be ready to love ourselves, to love others, to love God in this lack-of-love world. Amen. (-fon-)

Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a loyal spirit within me.
--- Psalm 51:10

No comments: