Sunday, February 10, 2008

TOTD, Feb 06-10

Nothing without Love

Today's verse has taught me deeper about love. The bible tells us that we're nothing without love. All the ability that we have, all the prophecy, the ability to speak any kind of language, even the possession of faith that can move a mountain means nothing if we don't have any love.

Love comes to make everything perfect. Without love, we're nothing. Without pure love that can only be experienced from God we're meaningless. We'll feel the emptiness inside and try to fill the emptiness with any secular things from this world but it will end up in another emptiness and of course, disappointment.
Until we find and experienced His Love, that's the time when we could feel being loved perfectly.
Try to seek and experienced His Love in everyday of our life. We'll be living a more meaningful life. (-fon-)


If I speak in the tongues of men
and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.”
--- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3


7 Feb

God Is Knocking

We sometimes don't realize that God is always standing in front of our door and knocking. He's waiting for us to open our heart and to accept Him as our Savior.
Lots of time we fail to hear Him, maybe His knocking is so soft, just like a whispering in our ears, calling our names.
When we're facing some problems, we might call His Name with all our hearts, we pray more seriously and then we could hear His Knocking clearly.
Sometimes God allows problems to happen to us so that we could realize His knocking.

God is near, He's not that far. He's standing in front of our door and wait patiently. Do we aware of His Knocking today? Listen to our heart... (-fon-)

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
--- Revelation 3:20


8 Feb

God Is The Strength

God is good all the time. And His strength endures forever and ever.
Our flesh and heart might fail (according to Psalm 73:26), but His strength last forever.

Today, I realized once more that I'm very weak. With all my weaknesses, I come to the Lord to surrender my life. I know that I'm nothing without Him. Without Him my life would be meaningless.
Realizing how imperfect I am, made me realize once more that I need to hang on to the powerful God. Not depending too much on myself. Self-confidence is needed but when it comes to over confident, we need to remember once more that we're nothing without God.
God is our source of strength! (-fon-)

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever
--- Psalm 73:26


9 Feb

Thinking vs Loving

THE IMPORTANT THING is not to think much but to love much;
and so do that which best stirs you to love.
- Teresa of Avila
The Soul’s Passion for God

Teresa of Avila words remind me of not thinking too much. Well, it's almost impossible not to think. We have our own thoughts as a gift from God. But many times, it's our thinking that made us worry and begin to question about God.
Teresa of Avila reminds me to love more rather than think more.
Loving would solve many problems while thinking (especially the negative ones) will create more problems.

The Lord Himself is so loving. Why don't we try to be more like Him? (-fon-)

All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful
for those who keep the demands of his covenant
--- Psalm 25:10


10 Feb

Revenge

I grew up watching the martial arts movies. The kung fu heroes usually have hatred towards the person who killed their family members and then the heroes wanted to make a revenge.
It's really common in this world, when other people were doing something bad to you, you might think to make a revenge.

But we must be different from this world. We need to make a difference.
God asks us to give the other cheek if we got slapped on the right cheek. We need to let go and really forgive others.
Of course, this is not easy. Of course, it will take a lot of efforts to do.
But, it's mission possible with God.
No revenge and make peace are the right thing to do right now. (-fon-)

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also
--- Matthew 5:39

No comments: