Sunday, February 10, 2008

TOTD, Feb 01-05

Take the Responsibility

It’s very common nowadays, when a people is at fault, he will try to run from the responsibility and sometimes finding a scapegoat instead.
It’s easy, isn’t it? Especially in this more and more materialistic world where money talks is all that matters.

But we need to be different in our life. As God’s children, we need to be responsible for every act that we’ve been doing. We might make mistakes, but it’s our duty to take the responsibility and of course try not to make the same mistake.
If only people would take their own responsibility in every area of their life, this world would be a more peaceful one, where no one will accuse one another…
Well, we can start today by taking our own responsibility and not trying to run away from it.
(-fon-)

Brothers, each man, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to.
--- 1 Corinthians 7:24


02 Feb 08

I Will Give You Rest

When I had my first deep impression of Jesus around 8 years ago, He knocked the door of my heart by saying, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Yes, I was so tired at that time. I was tired of fighting the battle of life by myself. And then, Jesus came to my rescue and became my faithful friend until today.

Until this very day, I’m still experiencing the tiredness now and then. That’s when I go down on my knees before Him and pray. I still find that His shoulders are broad enough to give me the rest needed to fight another battle of life. I know that I will survive.
By knowing that He’ll be there even in the most burdened day of my life, made me feel secured.

So, what’s your burden today? Are you weary as well?
Don’t worry, just come to Him, and He will give us rest. (-fon-)

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
---Matthew 11:28


03 Feb 08

Peace Be With You

In times of turmoil, you might find that it’s hard to feel the peace. When you hear some bad news, you see some disasters happen, you’ll feel worried, scared and far from peaceful mind.

But the good news is: God’s peace can’t be understood. You can experience it even in times of trouble. Even your life is in chaotic condition. If He grants us the peace, it won’t be affected by any kind of situations that you’re facing at the moment.

So, in faith we believe that we’ll experience nothing but peace that comes from Him alone.
We could live our life in peace and joy. Just pray to Him, ask Him to grant us peace.
He’ll be able to give it to us…(-fon-)

Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus
--- Philippians 4:7


04 Feb 08

Beautiful In His Time

In case you’ve been waiting for something important in your life. Let say, you’ve been waiting for your Mr. or Miss Right (your soul-mate), or you’ve been longing for a child in your marriage, or you’ve been wanting to change job so badly, etc, etc. ( Well, I’m sure that you’ve been waiting for something for sure. The rest of our life is full of waiting in faith J).

I just want to remind all of us once more that He’s there. He hasn’t and won’t ever forget us. Well, we might think that He has forgotten us, but He’s not!
We need to be more patient to wait for His beautiful time to come in our life.
Not our time, but in His Perfect Timing.
He’ll make everything beautiful in His Time. (-fon-)

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
---Ecclesiastes 3:11

Awesome In This Place

This morning, I woke up and sang, "You are awesome in this place, mighty God! You are awesome in this place, Abba Father..."
Realizing that God is here with me in every step that I take, in every move that I make, made me feel safe and secured.
No matter where I am, He'll be here with me. No matter where I go, whether it's in Singapore or Indonesia, or any other part of this world, I need not be afraid because His love and guidance will always be there for me, for all of us.

So, if you might questioning whether He's here with you or not, now you don't need to do it anymore because we all know that He is awesome in this very place that we're staying right now. (-fon-)

He was afraid and said, "How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven."
--- Genesis 28:17

No comments: