Monday, April 23, 2007

TOTD, April 24

Let Go of the Past

Our future cannot be blessed until we let go of the past.

I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
--- Philippians 3:13,14


My own reflection on this Thought:
* " I must forgive you, and you must forgive me too...
It's the only thing least left that we haven't tried to do
One thing I'm sure we will that we haven't tried before
So let's not bring the past anymore..."
(The Past --- a song of Ray Parker, Jr.)
This is an old song. Maybe when I was in Junior High School or Senior High School, I don't remember exactly. But one thingfor sure, when I can't let go of my past, sometimes I sing this song. It reminds me to forgive and let go of my past...

The past, especially the painful ones are not easy to deal with. When we memorize every detail of it, it becomes more and more painful.
Today's word of God asks us to let go of the past so that we could focus on His Plan for our future.
Crying over our past, won't bring us anywhere. Forgive and let go of the bitterness of our past today! (-fon-)

No comments: