Wednesday, April 18, 2007

TOTD, April 16

From Grief to Joy

Grieving is normal, but living with a spirit of grief is not.

... weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness.
--- Psalm 30:5,11


My own reflection on this Thought:
* Everyone has their own grieving experience. It's normal.
But today's word of God reminds us that it's not normal to live under the spirit of grief. While the Holy Spirit should give us enough strength to conquer the grief and back to joy, it's not necessary for us to keep drowning ourselves in grief spirit.
God has the ability to turn our mourning into dancing, our sorrow into joy. Or even in the midst of the sorrow, we can still feel the peace of God, which doesn't come from this world. It's from Him alone... (-fon-)

No comments: