Friday, April 20, 2007

TOTD, April 20-22

Waiting Is Endurable

Believing makes waiting more endurable.

... waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy.
--- Romans 8:24,25


My own reflection on this Thought:
* Waiting in hope, waiting in faith is what the bible teaches us.
Waiting could be depressing, boring, and so stressful. But today, we are invited to believe in God in the middle of the waiting process. Because we know, the process itself will bring us to be more mature in faith.
Are you waiting for His Promises in your life? Wait in faith starting today so that you would wait in joy... (-fon-)


Hope for the Future

You may be facing situations that are so bad it seems you no real reason to hope. But I say to you boldly, your future is not determined by your past or your present!

Believe that with God all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)
With man some things may be impossible, but Hebrews 11:3 says that we serve a God Who created everything we see out of nothing. Give Him your nothingness and watch Him go to work. All He needs is your faith in Him. He needs for you to believe, and He will do the rest.

But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph [as trophies of Christ's victory] and through us spreads and makes evident the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere.
--- 2 Corinthians 2:14


My own reflection on this Thought:
* Tom Cruise is a very popular actor, one of his famous movie is Mission Impossible. To watch the movie is very interesting, but for me my mission impossible always involves God.
Many times in my life, it seems that I'm facing a deadlock. I couldn't go anywhere, and the problem seems has no solution at all. It seems I'm facing a mission impossible.
But as my hero, God helps me and makes my chapters of life turns from mission impossible to mission possible only by His Grace...
Don't ever loose hope. If you loose hope today, pray to Him and ask for more grace so that you could feel He's near... (-fon-)


Listen for Success

If we will listen to what the Lord is telling us in His Word and in our hearts, not only will we have more peace, but we will also enjoy more success.

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
--- Joshua 1:8


My own reflection on this Thought:
* You might wonder, how can God speak to me? Most of the time, I pray and talk to God about my daily routine, just like talking lovingly to my dearest friend, and then there will be a time that I keep silent, listen to God's words that He speaks softly through my heart.
It's very important to keep a sincere and clean heart, so that we could really hear His Words, His message to us... And by that time, we'll live this life peacefully because we know we're on the right track, we're on His track.
Listen to God, listen to your pure heart...(-fon-)

No comments: