Monday, September 7, 2009

TOTD, September 08

Alienated

I just remember an old song from Sting, titled English Man in New York, here’s part of the lyrics:

I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear
I like my toast done on one side
And you can hear it in my accent when I talk
I'm an Englishman in New York

See me walking down Fifth Avenue
A walking cane here at my side
I take it everywhere I walk
I'm an Englishman in New York

I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in New York
I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in New York


Even an English man could feel that he’s an alien in another country like US.
How about the alien (refers to alienated) version of the bible itself? The bible said that we’re alienated from God and enemies in our minds because of our evil behavior. But once we’ve reconciled by Christ’s, we don’t need to feel like an alien. Don’t feel that you’re alienated from God, because Jesus has given His life in order for us to be free without blemish and reconcile with God. Thank you, Jesus! (-fon-)

Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation
--- Colossians 1:21-22

No comments: