Thursday, February 22, 2007

TOTD, Feb 23-25

The Word Is Light and Life

The Word of God is light; it overpowers darkness. The Word of God is life; it overcomes death.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
... renew and quicken me (give me life), O Lord, according to Your word!
--- Psalm 119: 105, 107


My own reflection on this Thought:
* I remembered there's a song based on this Psalm. Thy Word is the lamp unto my feet and the light unto my path. Sometimes we might feel that our life is in the darkness, it seems that no solution at all within the situation. We must pray and also read the Word of God, so that we remember that God will guide us. He will see us through the darkness as long as we're drawing close to Him... (-fon-)


Authority in the Name

When we pray the will of God, which is the Word, in Jesus' Name, we actually take His place here on the earth. At the same time, He takes our place in the presence of the Father.

When we pray in Jesus' Name, we are not presenting all that we are to the Father, but all that Jesus is. Matthew 28:18 says that Jesus has all authority in heaven and on the earth. When we receive Jesus as our Savior, we have authority in His Name --- authority over demons, sickness, disease, lack, and every form of misery.

And in the day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you. Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you.
--- John 16:23


My own reflection on this Thought:
* The Name of Jesus is our shield and our strength. Whenever we find it hard to pray, actually we can keep saying His Name in our heart. While we're concentrating on Him, we'll find that our mind and spirit connected to Him. That's when we'll find peaceful heart and the strength to carry on with this life. (-fon-)


One Day at a Time


Don't waste today's grace to enjoy today by worrying about tomorrow. It is absolutely amazing what we can accomplish in Christ if we live one day at a time.

Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
--- Matthew 6:34


My own reflection on this Thought:
* To live one day at a time? Maybe some of us will think that it's true, but almost impossible to do. How can we stay calm and not worry about our family, our job, our future, our financial condition, our debts, and everything about tomorrow onwards? The answer is we can handle it as long as we trust Him fully. Whole-heartedly. Most of the worries doesn't occur anyway. Based on the book that I've read, the worries that we've been thinking all these time, might happen only less than 10%. So, why should we waste our time by kept thinking about it? God is able, that's what we should remember... (-fon-)

No comments: