Thursday, February 15, 2007

TOTD, Feb 16-18

No Confusion

When God makes a thing plain, you have no confusion or doubt, but if you try to reason and figure it out, you may go in circles and never really know the truth.

There is a difference in meditating on something long enough to see if you get understanding and trying so hard to figure it out that you get genuinely confused.

When you feel confused, let that be a warning signal to you that you are handling something the wrong way.

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.
--- Proverbs 3:5,6


My own reflection on this Thought:
* To trust God means that we should let go all our own thinking when we're facing some problems. In our perspective of thought, things might turn bad or disappointed, but if God wants to He can do things according to His Will and it might be the other way around or contrarian with our thinking...
Anyway, this is not an easy task, but we could keep trying to fight for it, especially when the thoughts in our mind brought us to more miseries and worries... (-fon-)


Do Your Part --- Only!

Get the most out of every day. Do your part, but do not try to do God's part.

... work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling...
[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [ energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.
--- Philippians 2:12,13


My own reflection on this Thought:
* In office, we are familiar with job description. Actually, we also have our own job description in fulfillment of God's plan. We only have to give our best effort in everything we do, and then let God do the rest. Actually it's as simple as that...
(-fon-)


" I'm OK, and I'm on My Way!"

Change in our lives does not come through struggle, human effort without God, frustration, self-hatred, self-rejection, guilt, or works of the flesh.

Change in our lives comes as a result of having our minds renewed by the Word of God. As we agree with God and really believe that what He says is in His Word is true, it gradually begins to manifest itself in us. We begin to think differently; then we begin to talk differently; and finally we begin to act differently. This is a process that develops in stages, and we must always remember that while it is taking place we can still have the attitude: " I am not where I need to be, but, thank God, I am not where I used to be; I'm OK, and I'm on my way!"

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.
--- Philippians 1:6


My own reflection on this Thought:
* Real change only comes from God. Not from the negativity that we're facing either internally or externally. Ask Him, what should I do to change myself so that I could be closer to Your IMAGE oh GOD? (-fon-)

No comments: