Thursday, September 29, 2011

TOTD, September 29 – Use Words Wisely

Use Words Wisely

“Spread the love of God through your life but only use words when necessary.”
Mother Teresa

Today when I searched some quotes from Mother Theresa, I encountered this one. It’s quite interesting for me, because she said that we should only use words when necessary. Of course we need to talk, share our feelings with our best friends or family. But we can also see that many problems happen due to not picking the right words. Some words that lead to arguments or even big fight. And it’s only because of that tiny little part of our body-the tongue.

Today, I’m going to start choosing my words more wisely. Of course, it’s not an easy process. But, if only I can try my best today, hopefully it can become better and better. May all of us-God’s children- can control our tongue better and choose words more wisely. (-fon-)

Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.

--- James 1:26

No comments: