Saturday, June 5, 2010

TOTD, June 05-07

Build Each Other

In any relationships, either is in the family or friendship, let’s try to encourage one another and build each other, rather than destroying one another. (-fon-)

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

--- 1 Thessalonians 5:11

God Light Me Up

GOD IS LIKE THE SUN, bathing me with light. I am like the snow. the purer my life is, the more I will be able to reflect God’s light to others. The more I reflect God–by showing kindness to a difficult person or even by having patience in a checkout line–the more I become the person God created me to be.

- India Cable
Stepping Out on Your Own: Devotions for High School Graduates

(The Upper Room Website).

Thanks to You, Lord. For being my light and light up my world. And hopefully I can reflect Your light to others. Amen. (-fon-)

You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light.

--- Psalm 18:28

Do Not be Afraid

But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.”

--- 1 Peter 3:14

Do not be afraid of threats, trouble, or suffering. As long as it’s for the sake of righteousness, we’ll find that God will be with us. (-fon-)

No comments: