Wednesday, June 27, 2007

TOTD, June 27

Self-Improvement Comes from Dependence

Self-improvement does not come through self-effort; it comes from dependence upon God --- from faith in Him. He allows us to make an effort, but it must be effort made while depending on Him, not effort apart from Him.

I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.
--- John 15:5


My own reflection on this Thought:
* Self improvement books are everywhere. I was one of them, who read it and really believe in it. That the power within yourself will do enormously if you're using it right. But those times were over.

Now, as Christian and Christ's child, I am aware of my weaknesses. The most important thing is that, I know I could be a better person in Christ. I could try so hard to fight with my own power, but finally it will end up in vain. Depend on Him so that we could be a better person. Not through our limited strength or power...
(-fon-)

No comments: