Sunday, February 21, 2010

TOTD, Feb 12-20

TOTD, Feb 12

Answer Me

Like David in his Psalms, we might wonder whether God will answer me or not in times of distress. But, yes, He’ll answer us. It might be different with whatever we want to hear, but He hears us. He’ll lend His shoulders for us to cry on. He won’t let us go. (-fon-)

Answer me when I call to you,
O my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

--- Psalm 4:1

TOTD, Feb 13

How Long, O Lord?

Like David, we might think that God is abandoning us. We might think that He’s hiding his face from us. But, as long as we got the new understanding again, we’ll know that He has never left us. He will always be there for us. (-fon-)

How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

--- Psalm 13:1

TOTD, Feb 14

The Words of the Lord are Flawless

In the book of Psalm, I encountered this verse:

And the words of the LORD are flawless,
like silver refined in a furnace of clay,
purified seven times.

--- Psalm 12:6

It’s glad to know that even though the Bible was more than 2000 years ago, its messages are still very up to date to nowadays life. Even in the modern world, the Bible will always be our guide in this life. (-fon-)

TOTD, Feb 15

You are God

Lord, you have been our dwelling place
throughout all generations.

Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

--- Psalm 90:1-2

Through all the generations, from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. Our Rock in facing this life. Thank God! (-fon-)

TOTD, Feb 16

Hear My Voice

God, hear my voice! Maybe that’s what your heart been saying all this time. He listens to You, but sometimes you think that He doesn’t. He’s there for you, he’s available 24/7/365. Don’t worry about it, He’ll be there. He’ll come just right in time. (-fon-)

O LORD, I call to you; come quickly to me.
Hear my voice when I call to you.

--- Psalm 141:1

TOTD, Feb 17

He’s the Lord, and There’s No Other

I am the LORD, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,

so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
men may know there is none besides me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other.

--- Isaiah 45:5-6

He’s the Lord. There’s no other. His kingdom will reign forever and ever. Amen. (-fon-)

TOTD, Feb 18

I Knew You

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart… "

--- Jeremiah 1:5

That’s what the Lord has said to Jeremiah. Now, He’s been saying the same thing to all of us. So, never think that you’re not worthy. Because He wants you to be here in this world and do something here to fill this world with your uniqueness. He knows you. (-fon-)

TOTD, Feb 19

Let the Light Shines Forever

In God there’s life. He’s also the light that shines in the darkness. But according to the book of John, the darkness hasn’t understood it. So, when we’re in the darkness, we don’t know about Him. He’s there but we can’t or refuse to see Him. Let’s be reminded that He’s the light and let Him be our guide in this life. Let His light shines forever and ever! (-fon-)

In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

--- John 1:4-5

TOTD, Feb 20

God So Loved the World

God loves the world so much. And this is the kind of love that He has shown to us. Not only by something out of reach, something in sweet words, but He sent His only Son to rescue this world. So that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life. Let’s live a grateful life because He has been so good to us. (-fon-)

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

--- John 3:16

No comments: