Monday, October 13, 2008

TOTD, October 14

Something Special

If the daily routine made you bored and frustrated or you’ve experienced a very big problem that made you really sad, you might question God’s love for you.
Do you really love me, God? If you do, why should I experience these unpleasant things?
Why should I stay awake at night, can’t even get myself to sleep because I’m thinking so much about my life and worry about my future?

Well, God is there to care for us. And like what’s written in the verse below, He not only loves us very much, but also put His hands on us for something special.

Maybe, your life today is so gloomy. But remember that the sun will always shine, and God has got something special for you because we’re special in His eyes. (-fon-)

Every time we think of you, we thank God for you. Day and night you're in our prayers as we call to mind your work of faith, your labor of love, and your patience of hope in following our Master, Jesus Christ, before God our Father. It is clear to us, friends, that God not only loves you very much but also has put his hand on you for something special. When the Message we preached came to you, it wasn't just words. Something happened in you. The Holy Spirit put steel in your convictions.
--- 1 Thessalonians 1:2-5

No comments: