Saturday, August 2, 2008

TOTD, August 02-04

The Lord Looks at the Heart

Today when I read the verses from 1 Samuel, I begin to put myself back in the time of Samuel saw Eliab. He thought and was so sure of his thought, that Eliab was the one that would be anointed by the Lord. But then, the Lord told him not to consider his appearance or his height, for He had rejected Eliab.
Many times we thought that we’re not worthy. We can’t even see ourselves to be compared with others because definitely we’re going to loose. Don’t worry, God won’t look at us that way. He will not look at the outward appearance, but He will look at our heart instead. What really important is we need to make sure that our heart is pure and sincere. (-fon-)

When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, "Surely the LORD's anointed stands here before the LORD."
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
--- 1 Samuel 16:6-7


Delay

I just had two delay experiences recently. The first one, my mother’s plane from Palembang to Singapore, it has been delayed. I need to go back to the airport while at the same time I was also trying to go to church on time for my daughter’s baptism.
The second one, my husband’s plane from Taipei, was also delayed for around 4 hours. So, within one week, I got 2 delay experiences.

To tell you the truth, if something’s can’t be done right away, I sometimes become impatient. I need everything to do according to its schedule. But I learn that in this life many times we need to wait. Many times we need to experience this delay thing.

Sometimes, God wants us to learn to be patient. He wants us to wait on His time. Wait on His promises. He will delay if it’s not the best timing yet. But once He fulfills, it shall be fulfilled without delay. Just trust Him that when His time is arrived, He won’t delay a single thing. He is trustworthy. (-fon-)

But I the LORD will speak what I will, and it shall be fulfilled without delay. For in your days, you rebellious house, I will fulfill whatever I say, declares the Sovereign LORD.'
--- Ezekiel 12:25


Faithfulness and Righteousness

Reading this psalm today, made me realized that God, the righteousness Himself looks down from heaven.
He will take care of us with all the righteousness that He has. And all we need to do is just stay faithful to Him for He Himself is forever faithful. His faithfulness is without a doubt, will be there until the end of time- from this earth to eternity. (-fon-)

Faithfulness springs forth from the earth,
and righteousness looks down from heaven.
--- Psalm 85:11

No comments: