Sunday, September 2, 2007

TOTD, Sept.03

Jesus' " Power of Attorney"

My husband Dave and I travel a lot, and at one time we had a son at home who was a minor. He traveled with us when he could, but he could not go all the time. We wanted those who were caring for him in our absence to be able to get medical treatment for him in the event it was ever needed. We discovered that they would need a legal document stating that they had the right to use our name in our son's behalf, literally to make decisions in our place. We gave those caring for him our "power of attorney." We could not be there in person, but we wanted to be sure that anything that needed to be taken care of in our absence could be done.

Jesus did the same thing for His disciples and ultimately for all who would believe in Him. He said," I have to go away, but I will give you My Name. You can use it in prayer, and My Father and your Father will grant you whatever you ask in My Name."

This is the authority that you and I have been granted in His Name.
What an awesome privilege! (See John 14:13)

My own reflection on this Thought:
* Jesus said, " I have to go away, but I will give you My Name. You can use it in prayer..."
Jesus has sent His Name as the power of attorney, just in case we need it especially when we're in a very hectic condition when we couldn't even think of beautiful words to pray, that's when we need His Name.
Jesus said that He had to go away, but His Name remains. His personality remains. We just need to call on His Name in our prayer.
It is powerful! (-fon-)

No comments: