Wednesday, May 11, 2011

TOTD, May 12: Change our Expression and Smile!

Change our Expression and Smile!

This afternoon-somehow- I realized that I complained a lot. I can complain about almost everything in this life. That’s how great I am as a complainer. Of course, it doesn’t make me proud. I sometimes feel like Job, that my days are flying away without a glimpse of joy. But, in these verses below from the book of Job I also got some strength to move on. In God, I know that I need to be thankful by becoming a less complainer, forget about it, change my expression and smile.

With God’s help, I believe that I can be more thankful. Let’s try to lift our praise to the Lord, rather than complaining every time. (-fon-)

25 “My days are swifter than a runner;
they fly away without a glimpse of joy.
26 They skim past like boats of papyrus,
like eagles swooping down on their prey.
27 If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint,
I will change my expression, and smile,’
28 I still dread all my sufferings,
for I know you will not hold me innocent.

--- Job 9:25-28

No comments: